I quit another job (everyone act surprised). I feel good about it. My family teases me for it. Ok, fine. There was a year, not long ago, when tax season arrived and I had 9 w-2s. And this year, I had about 7 (from only 3 jobs, mind you). But is there anything wrong with variety? I thought it was the spice of life. And if I had not had those 9 jobs in that one year, I probably wouldn't be in Grad School, doing what I discovered I loved after my childhood dreams fizzled away.
I don't settle. I'll admit it. I don't think that anyone will be shocked by that statement. My friends that have been around the longest know that I don't put up with bullshit, and they have seen friends rotate in and out of my life more than anyone. You know I love you if you've been around more than three years. I would personally rather have two or three friends to call for advice on work, boys, and troublesome body parts than to have twenty friends who don't know who Percy is.
So, I'm going back to nannying. The last time I did it, I ended up with my favorite job ever, and I can only hope for another experience as good. I mean, it looks good on paper. I get to do things I love: cook, shop, cuddle with 5 month olds. And someone is going to pay me for it? I remember when I used to get my check from my family in Brooklyn every week and think, "I really don't deserve this money. I'm having way too much fun.", and I think that might be a sign that you truly love what you are doing.
So while school has completely taken over my life (I'm blogging at 5 am--what's wrong with me?), I'm hoping that some of the work drama will be gone. I'm also hoping for more happy hours and weekend road trips to NYC. Because just like I'm halfway between an adult and a child, I'm also halfway in between country and city.

1 comment:
crickey loves the kids ;)
this sounds healthy little ginger one.
Post a Comment