Friday, December 26, 2008

Not everyday

I woke up with the worst hangover this morning.  And I hadn't been drinking aside from one glass of wine.
It's hard to explain, the emotional hangover of everything that is unable to be controlled.  Let's start by saying that I don't want to feel this way.  Depression is a selfish, lonely place.  It is unforgiving.  It is random and chaotic.
The thing is, that even if you have suffered from depression, I believe it's different for everyone.  So you can say that you understand, and you do to some extent--but I've been in this place before, and I don't even understand.  Sure, there are things I can pinpoint and say--yes, that's what started all of this again.  But the truth of the matter is, I think some of it was just bound to happen eventually.
Everything that happened my last year or so of college is a blur.  I find pictures and can't remember what was going on in them.  Blame the depression.  Blame the surgery.  Blame the enormous amounts of antidepressants that I was taking.  Either way, everything was a big deal, and everything was about me.  And this is my depression.  I get very short with you.  I take everything negatively, even if you don't mean it to be.  I don't want to be alone but I forget how to be social.  There's this bubble, you see, around me.  And it's like I can see out, but no one can see in.
I refuse to go back on any kind of drug.  I'll get through it.  I think that the fact that I can see what is happening is a positive this time.  This is not the person I want to be.  And part of me thinks that it isn't me.  I am stronger and better than this.

No comments: