I have to admit that I saw the whole thing coming. I knew, in the back of my head, what he really wanted and I wasn't okay with it. The awkwardness of waking up the next morning and having to think, "What does this really mean? Does he actually like me? Or is this all I am to him?". Because we always know the answers to those questions before we ask them. I just knew that I wasn't cut out for it anymore.
I made a pact with myself about four months ago. Those who don't really know me all that well said that I wouldn't stick to it. But I have. No dating. No nothing. It was time to focus on me and figure out what I wanted. It's funny to me that when I said I wouldn't date, it made me more open about talking to people. There was no fear of rejection because I didn't want anything in the first place. Sure, there were a few times that I wanted to break the pact, but it just didn't feel right. There were too many things I needed to settle with myself first.
I figured out more than what wanted, too. I've figured out my worth. And it's more than I thought it was four months ago. I'm worth more than a text message. I'm worth a phone call. I'm worth more than just a kiss. I'm worth being held so tightly that there's a possibility that I won't ever be let go of. I'm not settling for anything less than that. It's time to start realizing that those who don't know what I'm worth, are not worth my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment