In an attempt to, perhaps, steer more young people to vote, all of these websites that are primarily used by the under 30 crowd are now focusing on the elections. Which is great, I mean, MTV has been rocking the vote for years and Diddy even threatened to kill us if we didn't vote in the last election. And I can say, as a proud citizen, that I have voted since the age of 19. And no, I didn't always make the choices that I would make now (Yes, I voted for Bush. As usual, you can blame my parents for this one. And the fact that I was 19 and knew nothing). But, none the less, I voted. Which is something that more than half of the people my age don't do.
So when I heard this ad for voting on the radio, I got excited. I've been trying to follow the candidates as to make an educated decision (which by the way is hard, when I still receive emails from my parents about how Obama won't say the Pledge of Allegiance or acknowledge the American flag). Anyway, this ad told me that if I go to the polls, I'll meet my future husband. I'm not even making this up. It was this couple talking about going to the polls four years ago and meeting and bickering and how they are married now. Seriously. As if I needed another reason to vote. Man. I love Connecticut.

No comments:
Post a Comment