Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Focus. And Breathe.

If you are on anyone's profile on myspace, you might notice that the advertisements have something to do with what is on that page.  For instance, there was a link for "Bright Eyes T-Shirts" on mine when my profile song was by Bright Eyes.  I just went to my own page though, and found that there were THREE links for "Soul Mate Indictors" and so on.  Which is funny.  I have a quote on my page about how I don't believe in soul mates as life partners.  Soul mates really should be people who you learn something from.  And then move on.  And I totally believe this.  I have had my share of soul mates.  People that I have learned so many things from.  And I believe that anyone can be a soul mate.  A boyfriend, someone who I have 2 dates with, a friend, a co-worker.  Anyone who you have any type of relationship with--anyone that you can learn from--is a soul mate.  So I find it funny that people who visit my myspace page are invited to "find their soulmate".
I'm not looking for a soulmate.  I'm looking for people to share my life with.  Friends.  Family.  Mostly, people who I can have good conversation and a glass of wine with.  Am I scared of being fifty and single?  Sometimes.  But mostly, I worry about being fifty and alone.  I need my friends.  I need relationships.  Not a relationship.  Relationships come and go.  Good sex doesn't last forever.  Not that I don't want that too.  But conversation and intimacy go hand in hand.  Right now--conversation has to stay on my mind.  Keep the pact.  Keep the pact.  Keep the pact.

No comments: