Tuesday, February 13, 2007
They say everything happens for a reason. So here it goes: if I hadn't ever lived on the Upper East Side, I would have never have learned of my current place of employment. If I had never left the Upper East Side, I would have never had a roommate. If I had never had a roommate, I would have never had room for company to stay over when they were in from out of town (comfortably)--and therefore influence to me and others to do things we wouldn't otherwise do. And if I hadn't done these things, I wouldn't have learned from them. If I hadn't moved away from my roommate, I wouldn't have realized that maybe things weren't so bad. Being robbed really puts things into perspective. If I hadn't lost the best job I've ever had, I wouldn't have learned how crucial it is to save money while you can and spend it later. Looking at it another way, though, I wouldn't have learned as much as I did from my favorite family ever if I hadn't taken the job in the first place. See, when they offered me the job, so did my current employer. I turned my current employer down. And the second the family didn't need me anymore, my current employer offered me a job--again.
If I hadn't been robbed I wouldn't be so grateful for so much. My parents, who--even with all my mistakes--have been supportive and understanding. They have let me stay with them indefinately. Until I find a place to feel safe again. I wouldn't be able to spend this time with them if all of this hadn't happened. My mom told me the story of her dating life the other night for the first time and, amazingly, it sounds completely familar.
And so the circle continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment